生活 > 英語學習 > 正文

你可以天天說英語--Catch a Bug

—感冒

對 話

Jesse:What’s wrong, Sarah? You’re not yourself today!

潔西:莎拉,你怎麼了?你今天不太對勁!

Sarah:Oh, I think I caught a bug. I have a sore throat.

莎拉:噢,我想我感冒了。我喉嚨痛。

Jesse:Does that mean you can’t go to the karaoke bar with me?

潔西:所以說,你不能跟我一起去唱卡拉 OK 羅?

Sarah:Definitely not. Sorry.

莎拉:真的不行。對不起。

Jesse:Sarah, you always have some excuse!

潔西:莎拉,你老是有藉口!

Sarah:That’s not true.

莎拉:哪有。

Jesse:Last time, you said that you broke your leg, and then I saw you playing
soccer.

潔西:上一次你說你摔斷腿,可是後來我看到你在踢足球。

Sarah:The doctor said I needed to stretch it.

莎拉:醫生說我的腿需要伸展一下嘛。

[多學一點點]

★bug原指「小蟲」,在本俚語中則指「細菌」或「病毒」,catch a bug字面上的意思是「抓到細菌」,引申指「小感冒」或「身體微恙」,意思等同pick up / get a bug、catch a cold / chill,或 get the flu。

責任編輯: 陳柏聖   轉載請註明作者、出處並保持完整。

本文網址:https://tw.aboluowang.com/2008/0315/79031.html